Saturday, January 14, 2012

Oreo Pudding Cake



Have I mentioned on here yet I love Oreos? I love a good Oreo with milk and any dessert with Oreos ( dirt cake, Oreo truffles, Oreo trifle). I ran across two different recipes on pinterest, but decided to use a little from each recipe to make it more Oreo tasting. It is an Oreo Pudding Cake and you cannot get any easier.
1 box butter recipe fudge cake mix
1 cup Oreos (crushed) about 12-14 cookies
3/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark cocoa-optional
1pkg Oreo jello pudding-could leave this out

I made the cake like my mother-in-law did, 1 cup water, 1 cup of mayonnaise and 3 eggs, then added 1 cup of crushed Oreos in the batter.
Cooked according to box. After the cake cooked I mixed up the pudding according to the box. When I first pulled out the cake I poked holes in it with the handle of a wooden spoon. Then poured the pudding over the hot, now hole-ey cake. Then put the cake in the refrigerator to let the pudding set up.
After the pudding is set and has gone in the holes you can add the frosting (recipe below).
You could easily leave the pudding out. I think I might try that next time. I think it was almost too moist. It didn't come out pretty (but it tasted great!) and it was hard to get out of pan after the pudding had set. It is SO moist from the mayonnaise you really do not need the pudding.

Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups Cool whip (I used the extra creamy kind)
1 cup fine crushed Oreos

I did this with two round 8x8 pans. So the icing made enough for the middle layer as well as to top off the entire cake.
Hope you Oreo lovers enjoy!!

This was a recipe inspired by these two recipes...
http://realmomkitchen.com/6917/chocolate-oreo-cream-cake/
http://www.thecountrycook.net/2011/07/puddin-poke-cake.html



No comments:

Post a Comment