Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chicken Tortilla

I have had this lots of places, but my recipe is from my sister-in-law, Tisha. I think I got it about 3 years ago after a new years day get together.
1 pound chicken (I always use rotisserie chicken pulled apart)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can of cream corn
2 cans of rotel
2 cups of chicken broth
2 cans of black beans, drained well
1 jalapeno (optional)
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tbl cilantro
Salt to taste
3 tbl butter
1 cup of Jack Cheese
2 cups of half and half

This is a big ole dump. Dump everything in to a large pot but the last two ingredients (cheese and half and half). Let everything cook and simmer for about 25-30 mins. Add cheese and half and half 5-10 mins before serving.
Garnish with tortilla chips and sour cream if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment