Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cottage Cheese Cornbread


I am not sure what it is about this cornbread, but it is SO good. It is moist (I guess the cottage cheese does that) with a good flavor (I think the onions do that!). I know you may be thinking...cottage cheese, but I promise you will have NO IDEA it is in there unless I told you or you made it. So if you know someone will not eat it knowing that-then just call it cornbread :)
 Serve it warm with butter and you cannot go wrong. I am making two pans today to take to two different friends that just had babies. They also have other little ones so I am leaving the broccoli out. It is good with the broccoli, but I think I prefer it without. I hope they enjoy!

2 boxes of Jiffy Cornbread
4 eggs beaten
1 1/2 sticks of butter melted
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup of cottage cheese
10 oz of chopped broccoli, it is an option!

9x13 greased pan at 375 for 35-40 minutes!
Easy as that :)
Here it is with broccoli-it is very yummy too!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! This is the best cornbread ever!! Love it!! Cant wait to make some, hope mines turns out as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete