Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fish and Veggies Baked in Foil Packets

Not a very fun name, but that is what it was called on the recipe I had gotten. I am not even sure where I got it from? I printed it off and it didn't have any type of web address on it. Anyways, I was looking for some fish recipes. Casey and I have a food delivery system called Blue Ribbon that delivers organic food to our house. In return I have new foods that I have never cooked before. So I was looking for some fish ideas and ran across this one. It seemed easy enough. Fish is something new I am experimenting with these days. I think a lot of people are like that with fish, but so far I have had great success and it has been very easy. The recipe called for Tilapia, which I had, but I also had orange roughy so I used some of that too! Casey said he preferred the orange rough, but they were both really good.
Tilapia Fillets ( 1 per packet)
Mrs. Dash seasoning (or any seasoning you prefer)
Tomatoes, sliced
Green Onions, Chopped
Green Peppers, sliced
Basil, chopped
Lemon Juice
Olive Oil
Aluminum Foil to wrap fish

I just cut off a few pieces of aluminum foil and shook some olive oil on it so the fish will not stick. Place a fillet in the middle of the foil. Shake your seasoning salt and basil on the fish. Next layer your veggies on top of the fish. Give each piece of fish a few shakes of lemon juice. Wrap the foil around the fish loosely to make a packet. Bake at 450 for 20 mins

Tada!! It was very good and definitely something I will try again. I may even add some more or different veggies to it like squash, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, etc...

I served it with Wild Rice (Uncle Ben's quick cooking-5 min rice) and Green Beans.
I forgot to take a picture, but I will next time and add it to the blog. I know for me I want to see it! Very visual :) I want to see the yummy-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment